Thursday, September 17, 2009

Canadian Economy September 17, 2009

We are working less (-0.7%) in July 2009 to August 2009. According to Stats Canada, these are the actual hours worked per week by industry with seasonal adjustment. What does this mean? I think it is safe to say we are trying to do more with less. Fear of a bad economy is still affecting us on all levels. So we work a little harder in less time and this causes stress!

Unemployment is still high at 8.7% (Stat Canada). And most of the new jobs are part-time.

It all sounds like doom and gloom. I am becoming more motivated to live a healthy lifestyle. I am spending less on junk food, DVDs and entertainment. I am watching less TV and spending less time on the computer. I read more. Eat and exercise and try to spend more with family and my dreams.

I am acting in a green way. I ride my bike. I lower the power: less water, heat and light. I eat more fruit and veggies. This is the best way I can find to eleviate the stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment